Saturday, January 16, 2010

Wonderful book arrived


This very inspirational and absolutely gorgeous book arrived in the post yesterday and I have spent far too much time going through it. In fact after seeing Robyn Gordon's post about her books (see my side bar) I have been exploring amazon and have ordered a couple of other books on African art so I hope they are as good as I hope they will be. The children have left and the house seems a bit quiet and empty although it was rather a marathon trip to the airport and then had to wait for ages before we made sure the plane had left.
Home and a phone call from them, great excitement as they now have a new puppy. Will has been hanging out for a dog for ages, they have a German short haired pointer. I hope it all works out well.
I am not going to the show tomorrow as I am too achy and tired and I just know if I go I will end up minding the children and that is not a good thing. I need to be fit and I think the only way is to take things a bit more slowly than I have been. Not that there is much hope of that as there is a huge amount of house cleaning and bed washing etc to be done but slowly slowly (never my forte but then perhaps I am not too old to learn some new tricks!)
I have been doing some sewing but so far none of it is fit for publication, Dale of The thread Studio has set us a task called textile tantrums and at the moment I am having a few tantrums with what I hope to be doing. Time will tell.

No comments: