Saturday, March 22, 2008

No water



This is what our main big dam looks like, the one we clean the dairy with and supplies water for stock. John tells me it has never looked like this before. we are having to use water from other springs and hope we dont have to cart any. With this cooler weather the spring is running very slowly in to our neighbours but has a long way to go before it reaches us.
My week end visitor has just arrived, I am almost ready for her, and for tomorrow but I dont think I will do this again in a hurry (have 11 for lunch tomorrow!!). Far too tiring and my back is killing me.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Such a beautiful pattern but not what you want to see. Poor you all - suffering in the heat. what a yummy baby, Mille looks.

Anonymous said...

Pretty scary Penny, hope you get some rain soon to replentish the dam.

Karen

Kate North said...

Wish I could send you some of our rain - we've had enough of it over here!

Margaret said...

Oh my. We have it dry and windy here in our summers, often, but I have never seen anything like that. I will say a prayer for rain for you -- gradually; no flooding!

Your show was, clearly, *magnificent*! What an inspiration all of those artists are. I often feel like such a fledgling...and then remember to look for what I can learn, rather than make comparisons. Bravo on your group's success!