Monday, March 17, 2008

Fabric Book




These are a few of the pages of the book I have been making for my mother. I thought she might like to look at it and feel the different textures. The scans of my paintings I put on canvas and had fun with different backgrounds using stains, stamps and stencils. All sorts of bits and pieces went in as well.
I wasnt sure how to put it together but although it looks a bit cobbled up I have sewn it together using strong linen thread.
It is another stinking hot day here today, Supposed to be a cool change tonight, but then the temperatures seem to be rising a bit. Certainly no rain to speak of so this has kept my mind occupied.
I may put the other pages up tomorrow.

4 comments:

Doreen G said...

What a wonderful book Penny and so textural as well.
I am sure your Mother will love it.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

That is so interactive, it calls you to turn the pages and touch and see, how wonderful. Its very inspiring, especially since I plan to compile my "pages" which I'm creating for the TIF Challenge into a book.

Robin Mac said...

Penny, this book is wonderful and even if your mother is confused I am sure she will love turning the pages and feeling them. I keep hoping you will have a cool change and some rain soon - I know the two don't go together.......but we can wish!

Anonymous said...

A lot of love and effort has gone into that book, well done.

Karen