Sunday, March 21, 2010

TAST and gelatin print


TAST for this week was beaded hedebo edge. I quite like this edging but I really made life hard for myself for a while until I clearly understood how to do it. I think the last two on the green one are correct.
I used no 5 perle cotton and then had trouble finding beads that the needle would go through.
Another good stitch from Sharon b or pintangle,(see my side bar).
I have been having a lot of fun making prints using a gelatin block, it is so simple and great fun. If you want to see more go to my other blog here.
We are both having a slightly lazy day today, all sorts of plans but nothing has been done except stuff around the house.
We had a nice night last night when invited to be with our local MP to see the election results at his place, lots of people and he got back in without any trouble at all which is good, but no results of the whole State election yet, I think the other side will get in but they lost 2 cabinet members and there was quite a big swing against them so perhaps they will stop being so arrogant and listen, not that I have much hope of that.
I have the last of Stieg Larsson's books, "The girl who kicked the hornets' nest" and am finding it riveting stuff, usually the third in a trilogy is a bit ho hum but so far not this one.
I will be sad when I ahve finished it as I have nothing very exciting to read, I had better go and investigate books I havent looked at for years, which is what John is doing.

4 comments:

Doreen G said...

Yes the two on the right are correct and the rest are a Penny variation.

Robin Mac said...

Variations are good Penny. I love the gelatin print. Cheers, Robin

annie said...

The prints are great fun on both your blogs, Penny.

Good luck with your politicians-- Their ears are definitely defective as we have always known.

It is Sunday morning, here, and the Weather Channel is showing a cyclone, supposedly hitting Australia in the northeast, but the animated map shows winds etc wrapping around South Australia, too. I hope you and your mother are okay.

annie

Wanda..... said...

Your creations are always wonderful, Penny!