Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A bit of this and that



The lovely zygopetalum Orchid is flowering and has come into the bathroom. It has a lovely scent and has these wonderfully zany colours.
I had used the shiva sticks over one of my Indian woodblocks ages ago and now I am stitching over them for something to do, this is my first row, I am thinking texture here.
Dale from The Thread Studio has sent out the first of her monthly Product of the Month club stuff which is a wonderful idea and here is the first one, a collection of stuff to make silk paper, a wonderful starburst stain spray and a twiddley bitz letter so I spent this morning making one with the cocoon strippings and one with the waste using a bit of everything.
Great fun, I am not sure what I am going to do with them but...
We were in Adelaide yesterday, haircuts, well a new experience as our hairdresser has had a heart attack and the salon is now owned by some one else, talk about change, neck massage, lie down to have your hair washed, head massage, finally a hair cut!
I wizzed up to see my mother and she was fine, a bit muddled but glad to see me.
Then we went to collect my sister who was having a birthday, we took her out to lunch, a new place we havent been to before, it was ok bit expensive but then where isnt these days and the food a bit ho hum, not exactly exciting but well ok. Just nice to get together to talk over some food and wine.
Of course by the time I got home I was tired and poor John had to go back to Adelaide today for more meetings.
I had a slow day today but went over to Tab and saw Millie for a little while then in to get a few things I wanted at the haberdashery and got led astray a bit that is what happens when you feel a bit depressed!
I will go for a walk up the hill later.

No comments: