Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Orchids in my sun room and another walk



These cymbidium orchids love my sun room and look lovely. One my mother had and I am still just managing to keep going. The dendrobiums are coming along too with this small burst of warmer weather, although you will see from the other photos that it hasnt been bright blue skies.
Thank you to all who worried about me, I am a bit sore and a bit battered and bruised but otherwise alright.
So this morning we walked where I thought we were going yesterday, along the road at the base of the Bluff, I could only get run over there!
We saw 3 cars and one was the little Austin 7 which was being taken for a run. In our youth we used to roar around the town in a very pared down Austin 7 called Venomous, it was basically the engine, seats and wood for the floor, great fun but of course these days not in the least bit would we have been allowed to drive it in that state.
So photos of the fish measuring station on the little jetty, the piles at the base of the jetty,
the little Austin 7 (who had a very tall man driving it!) and the sky.
A pleasant walk, not too difficult and just nice to think I can still more or less do it.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful! How much fun you had with that austin 7 in your youth...fond memories, I'm sure, eh? Glad you are getting around ok for your lovely walks!!! :)

Andora said...

glad you are feeling better...looks like a beautiful place that you live in..I am thinking of building on a sun room..have you ever posted pictures of your sunroom??I need some ideas...take care and be careful on your walks..have a good week

ArtPropelled said...

Penny I'm so sorry you took a tumble. It's quite a shock to the system isn't it? Nothing keeping you down for long though since you are off on another walk today. Your orchids are exquisite and I love the colours. Take care now!

annie said...

That Austin 7 is gorgeous. And as Julie says, you must have had such fun with it in the past. Hope the aches and pains go away soon.
annie

Wanda..... said...

Good to know that you are on the mend and back out walking, Penny!

Kay Baughman said...

Penny, the orchids are especially lovely. How nice that they are passed down from your mother!
I 'm glad a tumble didn't keep you down!
Kay

Hildred said...

Lovely photos, and glad you are feeling some better and able to get out to walk.

When we were first married Charles and I had a 1932 yellow convertible with wire wheels and a rumble seat. On VJ Day he put a locomotive whistle on the exhaust and that would surely be a no-no these days.

Carol said...

I love your photos - South Australia is still on my list of places to visit. Maybe this year. Hope your aching muscles are recovering after your fall. Very daunting, but you sound as though nothing will keep you down.

shirley said...

That is a beautiful orchid I have never seen one that colour. Glad you are feeling better after your tumble. You will have to be careful so you can go on all those beautiful walks.