Monday, August 30, 2010

Feeling fragile and TAST 26



This morning John and I walked a piece of the cliff near Kings beach we dont often walk and I fell over and nearly down a steep bank, almost the cliff.
I just stepped off the path where there was a hole I didnt see and over I went. An aching shoulder and my bad knee (of course) and my camera full of mud and my confidence lost.
The third photo is of the path and where I went over was somewhere in the middle.
We had climbed down a steep and tricky path to where the beach and rocks were in the first couple of photos and then crawled up a steeper bit to get back to the path.
You can see how rough the rocks are on this little bit of beach, I have lots more photos for a later day.
It was interesting but I was finding it tricky as my sight and the wrong shoes were not helping me.
An adventure!
The 4th photo is looking the other way towards Kings Beach, we were walking towards the Bluff but in a bit I now know why we dont often walk!
Lovely blue sky, which has now clouded over, the sea was so clear it was incredible after the storms we have had and a long low lazy swell occasionally coming in.
I was feeling all was right with my world, now I am not quite so sure. I cant have aching bits, there is too much to do.
Here is my TAST for this week, not looking terribly well done and I think I have it right, it is called Chained cross stitch. I dont think this is one I would have much use for but interesting to know about.

10 comments:

Julie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your tumble! How aweful!!! Hope you are gonna be OK. It is so beautiful where you walk there. Which coast are you on there in Australia??? It is so great and with teh rocky areas...just makes me so jealous! LOL. Take care, Penny!!!

Wanda..... said...

Your photos of the rocky beach are so enjoyable, Penny. Your fall is understandable; I often follow deer trails on the hillsides in the woods and it's tricky! I've slid a time or two, I need some real hiking boots!
Thankfully you weren't near the rocks...Hope you aren't too achy from the experience!

Suztats said...

Hope you are not too sore from your fall. And that your bad knee is not hurt. Love your photos, but do take care.

Andora said...

Goodness..glad you weren't hurt to bad..could've been a bad fall...your pictures are gorgeous..beautiful place!!!

Hildred said...

So sorry about your fall, Penny, and hope that the aches and pains will go away with a few day's rest. Your photos are so beautiful, - such different country to where we live and it is lovely to see the sea and the sand. Take care....

Robin Mac said...

Penny, I think it is marrvellous that you manage to do so many walks over such rough ground - hope your aches all go soon. Great photos as usual - I take it that your camera survived without damage. Cheers, Robin

annie said...

Spooky when us "Ladies of A Certain Age" take falls. I am so scared of them but I also need to drink in spacious landscapes. If I lived near that Victor Harbor area I know that I'd be risking falls all the time. I do hope that you won't suffer any bad side effects from your adventure.

And we followers of yours are benefiting from this gorgeous scenery.
annie

Doreen G said...

It's a bugger getting older isn't it--our bodies just don't want to keep up with our minds.
I hope there aren't to many sore bits and you are on the mend soon.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

I am sorry to hear about your fall. Unexpected things do happen and it seems we do need to watch where we walk. Take it easy as you recover.
Wendy

shirley said...

I can sympathise with how easy it is to lose your footing and take a fall..hope you get over it and don't have any repurcussions with your knee.

Love your photos of the beautiful area you live in