Thursday, August 12, 2010

Odds and ends




I have had a bit of playing time, between breaks for my aching back.
Dale with her product of the Month sent out a small art mould, the P and a few instructions on how to use it, I thought I had one of those somewhere, this intricate little fish, I think I have another p too but I cant find that, any way, one of the suggestions was to use utee (ultra thick embossing enamel), and I had some in my little pan ready to heat up and these little plaques are what I have made. What fun.
I have also just got another couple of the easy carve printing blocks, not quite as big or thick as my last one but I thought I would have a go at doing a butterfly, or maybe it is a moth, any way the first, is the last one! I used a stamp pad for this one and obviously didnt rub it all over, on the others the first on the left was the first one I did using acrylic paint, then I cut away more on the second one, and then as you can see I cut all the background away in the stamped one.
I have also cut out another out of cardboard to use on a gelatin plate when I make another one.
Lots of ideas wizzing around in my head.
Not a good day yesterday, tiring and my back killing me by the time I had driven home. Still not good today. My mother was sitting with her eyes shut the whole time I was there talking, about what? I have no idea, although she seemed happy enough.
Today every time I think I will go for a walk it drizzles. Perhaps tomorrow.

2 comments:

Julie said...

What cute plaques!!! You really do have fun artistically! I am jealous of all the fun!!! Hee hee hee! Your butterflies turned out nice too! It rained here for three days, and today was clear as a bell...but now I have to go back to watering the garden again...always something, eh??? Hope your back will start cooperating better soon. I know your Mom was happy you were there!

ArtPropelled said...

I was thinking along the same lines as Julie. You certainly have fun experimenting with different mediums and techniques. Hope your back comes right so you can enjoy all your artistic adventures.