Monday, August 16, 2010

TAST 24, Sketch to stitch and a rock garden



Here is my TAST for this week, Siennese Stitch, as put up by Sharon b ( see my side bar). I thought a straight line looked a bit dull so went for a circle.
The next photo is me trying to put the tiny sketches I did following Gina on her blog here into stitch, it is ok I guess but my free motion on the machine leaves a lot to be desired.
The last two photos I took yesterday of the lichen on the rocks and a little rock garden by the beach we went to yesterday I loved the little rock garden and the lichens were a good colour.
I have spent most of the day finishing off my article for the Welsh Pony and Cob Society here in South Australia, took for ever and John who is about to proof read it will probably make me change it.
I am glad I have finally finished this weeks TAST it sat there for ages while I thought about it.
Off to feed the dogs and chooks, we have finally had a bit of sun today. Lovely.

3 comments:

Suztats said...

Isn't it funny how a little garden can emerge from a small depression in rock? I am amazed at the tenacity of nature in surviving and often thriving in unlikely places. Loved the photos. Thanks for sharing them.

shirley said...

Amazing how plants can survive in their natural environments, even the smallest seem to do so. The lichen could be an inspiration for an embroidery.

Gina said...

The stitching looks fine Penny... and the more you practise the easier it gets. A bit like drawing really!