Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Peahens and mud

We are finally having what I call a proper winter, rubber boots on before you step out the door, pea hens being harried by the pea cock, almost time for mating and mud in most places, and if not mud a swamp under foot. We havent quite broken the record for July rain but close enough. The last few winters certainly havent been very wet and it is good to see creeks overflowing and springs being re charged. I havent been feeling 100% and being on antibiotics has slowed me down but I did get to see my eye girl this morning and I have a cataract forming well, she thinks another 6 to 12 months. Of course now she has told me that she was surprised that I could see so well I could just fall in a heap and not see at all!! I am tidying up, probably a defense mechanism.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Ahhh rain, sweet rain. We have parts of this country, especially out West, that are crying out for rain. Several horrible wild fires in areas where many homes were lost and some lives. They need the rain soooo much. We're doing well -- we've had several afternoon downpours - but this has been the hottest summer we've had in a long time.

liza said...

nice post