Friday, December 25, 2009

A quiet Christmas





John walking an amost empty beach, we had gone down to get some sea water to defrost the oysters we had for lunch in and did some walking looking for shells, I found a cowrie, always special.
The table set up for lunch and it will be the same for dinner tonight when we have roast duck, always used to be goose, I really am not sure when turkeys became the thing for dinner but now there are only two of us it is duck.
The ferry which has been so busy all week has one day off and is tied up, tomorrow it will be all go again.
I am listening to cd's, first the lovely Bryn Terfel one John gave me for Christmas, Scarborough rair and now an old one of Katherine Jenkins, La Diva, I hope some one has dot me her ultimate collection for Christmas and it is waiting at home.
I have them turned up rather as in the house over the road we have a collection of young playing dud duf music.
The final photo is of the line of shells on the beach this morning.
I am about to put the duck on and then go for another walk,
I hope you all had a day full of fun and laughter and no stress.

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Merry Christmas Penny!

Karen said...

I hope you had a lovely Christmas and that the coming New Year will be a good one for you and your family.