Sunday, January 01, 2017

Happy New Year.

I hope 2017 will be better than 2016, although I am afraid the older I get I don't hold out a lot of hope. A plus is that we should welcome two new great grandchildren into the family. Unfortunately the weather is going between hot and sticky and cool, not onducive to knitting yet. The photo, which looks rather as if it is growing in a jungle, and perhaps it is, although the lovely glass container with an air plant in it is in the kitchen window. The glass hanger was made by a friend of mine who makes wonderful glass on his small holding on Kangaroo Island and was a most unexpected and lovely present. Now to see if the plant grows. I had a bit of a disaster yesterday, out for dinner with friends and I did the dessert, a trifle, never made one before but what could go wrong. Well not a complete disaster but actually pretty boring, knew I should have gone with my gut feeling and not followed a recipe. I cook much better that way. Off for a walk to bow away the negatives I am feeling at the moment. Hope it's only an age thing. Lots to look forward to this year.

No comments: