Thursday, January 05, 2017

Day 5 stitch and a bit of this and that.

It was cool on the beach this morning but once the cloud had gone it tended to be hot and muggy. I did a meandering stitch around the other, not terribly easily seen but it is there. My pink pom pom tree is flowering madly, I think there are a lot of hover flies on the blossoms but they are quite high and I cant see them well. I thought I needed a photo of mother hen and here are 3 of her chicks, the other one was foraging else where, I have a buff Sussex, 2 Barnevelders and a gold wyandotte, not sure of the sexes yet. Here too is my busy little Belgian Bantam, he is the variety that has feathered feet and is very friendly. Oh and I put up the 2 pots on the fence to hold some of my succulents, I just hope the peacocks dont find them and strip the leaves. I think I have room for one more pot. It is supposed to get hotter tomorrow and Saturday with a short respite from the heat and then another burst of heat. It is summer after all.

1 comment:

Barry said...

Hi P - a great routine you have going - walking and stitching. May 2017 be a good year for you. Peace. B