Sunday, January 08, 2017

Archery, stitching and Goolwa this morning.

There has been an archery competition on the archery grounds at the end of the valley this week end. It all looked very festive. I wish I was at least 20 years younger. It looks like fun. I have done another bit to my stitch a day, added some green to the flower. We went over to Goolwa this morning, I wanted to see the exhibitions that were on there, very diverse but all interesting. We also had a wander around the market, I was looking for some fresh chilli but the fellow I usually get them from said it is still a bit early. One of the exhibitions was by an ex employee of ours who does a lot of blacksmithing and metal work. He had some lovely pieces.Hot again and still humid, well not as hot as the last few days but not pleasant and I am desperately trying to finish off the wool cot blanket I am making for the new great grandson due in a few days. I dont think I will quite make it. Perhaps it will be cooler this evening.

4 comments:

Robin Mac said...

What an interesting gallery that looks to be, with a lovely garden surrounding by the looks of it. Is that a large metal sculpture? I thought it was a huge bole of timber sculpted - wonderful whatever it is.
Do you have a vision of an overall picture to end up with for your stitch a day? it is looking good.
Stay cool if you can. Cheers

The Weaver of Grass said...

Finishing a wool blanket and very hot weather don't really go together well do they?
I have always fancied archery too - there is a big archery lawn quite near where we are and they practise most week ends.

Hildred said...

Love your stitchery, Penny...

Penny said...

The statue is made of river red gum and is of pelicans done by Silvio Epogny, lovely.