Thursday, September 10, 2009

Spring



The large plum in the orchard is in full flower and on every duck pond down the old road there is a resident pair of ducks.
It is so nice to see the duck ponds full of water ad they havent had any in them for the last year or so. I think by the look of these they are black duck.
Jake and I walked for an hour this morning and it was a lovely morning to do it, sun and no wind and all the birds singing and carrying on.
Then here are a few bits of sewing I have finished, all started on the grumpy Goddess day on Monday.
Our State Australian Rules football team has made it to the finals and they are off to Melbourne to play on Saturday and they are known as The Crows so I made a small fancy crow more or less in their colours to spur them on. Not that our crows have top knots, lots of poetic licence here.
He has been a fun thing to make and I think a few more may be made as well.
Looking at him here I think he could do with a bit more beading, especially on his tail.
The Dresden plate pincushion was cut out but not sewn together on Monday, so the second photo is it cut out and sewn and the first is of it all put together, looks a bit wonky but I think that was the way I put it down for its photo. It is pretty big for a pin cushion, not sure what I will do with it.
I am not a quilter and this went together reasonably easily.
I have been ironing all day and am sick to death of clothes and I really do need a new iron as this one keeps throwing blue from the teflon on the bottom onto everything, well I think that is what it is.
Another tiny bit of Judith Wright.

"When the living's done
it's poems that remain.
All that is personal, said Yeats,
soon rots
unless packed in ice and salt.
Poems can chill, shock,
stop you in your tracks,
functional as an axe."


2 comments:

Karen said...

The crow is cute, maybe he'll caw his team to victory.

ArtPropelled said...

Delightful crow! What a beautiful area you live in Penny. Your walks must be very interesting.