Thursday, September 03, 2009

Lino Cutting



I am doing a lino cutting on line course with Dijanne Cevaal and I have been very slow with it, first I didnt have the correct tools and then only one piece of lino. I have now managed to get more lino and the tools I now have are good. So today I tried printing what I had done. I dont think these are very good and they are scanned and the scanner wouldnt do all the block but it is my first attempt.
I found that what I had printed came out very light so I had to manipulate a bit in photo shop.
Wet and rainy and cold, freezing cold today.
I am a bit slow after my trips to Adelaide so I have not exactly done much and every time I thought I would walk it poured with rain.
The joggers I bought in Melbourne are now hurting my toe so my thoughts on what to take away regarding walking shoes have become a bit of a worry, especially as it seems to have been cold and wet every where. Maybe it will improve by the time we get there.
There is so much to do here and I think we are both feeling rather stressed about the whole thing.
"Friendship is one mind
in two bodies."

3 comments:

Robin Mac said...

I like the linocuts Penny. I made some years ago, it is hard work after a while, but the stamps last forever - mine are still good after 20 years! When do you leave for your holiday? Know what you feel about footwear - I am having the same problem at present and don't know what to try next!

Wanda..... said...

Footwear problems everywhere I guess...I even have problems with socks...I have to turn most inside out...because the seam across the toes irritate me. Wish I had a perfect fitting pair of walkers!

Downunderdale said...

see those lines Penny - you will be able to make good use of them.
hope the joggers improve. You must be comfy on the feet I reckon!