Saturday, September 19, 2009

Flowers and lace


I cant remember if I have posted this lovely orchid, probably but I put it in as we went to a native orchid show in Adelaide today and saw many like this and some of stunning two tone colours. I did buy another one that I didnt have.
The little bag is made from a pattern in an English Stitch magazine and I thought it would be fun to try so here is my offering, took me a while but I was quite pleased with the way it turned out in the end.
I am reading a new and fascinating book called "In a Unicorn's Garden". I have written a bit about this in my other blog here.
The peacocks are calling, the males all have their long tails and the females are being a bit silly about where they nest, I am sure one is up behind the house somewhere and I am afraid a fox will get her. The males love chasing each other on the roof and they sound as if they have hob nailed boots on at times.
James Russell Lowell said
"The wise man travels to discover himself"

1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

Your bag is "BEAUTIFUL" Penny...bought in a store it would be very expensive I imagine! It must have taken a long time.