Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Grumpy Goddesses and other things


Yesterday, after a messy and forgetful start (I went to the wrong place to meet!) my friend Wendy and I battled our way from down south to across Adelaide and to the northern suburbs. As some one said a water bag away.
Any way this is T's back garden, I loved all those houses, and then her work area where the rest of the Goddesses were, except T I dont know how I missed her out.
They used it as an early Birthday for me so I ate all sorts of things that I should not have but it was such fun, and here is the outside 'dunny' it was a hoot, a real loo and wash basin and all stenciled.
Took ages to get home in peak hour traffic though.
Next the little bird house I bought from T with an assemblage of bits and pieces in the corner of our bedroom and finally another native dendrobium has made it into the house, so spectacular with its lovely golden flowers.
A late evening as John had to try and catch a horse that had a rug half off, it always happens when the girls are at the show. Dinner is on and slowly cooking, salad, sweet potato and rolled chicken thighs filled with pesto and cheese and sun dried tomato and coriander wrapped in prosciutto and baked.
I am re reading Judith Wrights poem, she is/was an Australian poet, this anthology was published in 1998 and I like this bit.
"Logs on the fire burn out into smoke and ash.
Let's talk today, though words die out on the air."


1 comment:

ArtPropelled said...

Glad you had a fun pre-birthday celebration. The dendrobium is exquisite! Dinner sounds delicious!