Saturday, September 05, 2009

Felted balls and more garden photos



I had a lovely time today, the morning spent with Gaby and Mason, Gaby needed some stuff up at Noarlunga so I took her up and Mason kept everyone entertained. He is now crawling but also loves the sound of his own voice and doesnt stop babbling.
I was home for a late lunch, a bit tired but had things to do. I have been wondering about these felted balls that were in the Quilting Arts Gifts not the new one out, and last night I made up a few bases of left over wool yarn and today I covered them with some wool fibres and felted them in the washing machine. I couldnt believe how easy it was, and fun. Now to find time to embellish them.
These photos were from the ones I took yesterday and they include the dark red/pink african daisies, I am not sure but I dont think these are gazanias, then the native orchid, dendrobium speciousum, I am not sure if that is still its name, they keep changing them. This one is flowerin on the front terrace, they are all growing so well we are finding it hard to find places for them.
Then at the back of the sheds the green goddess arum lily is doing a great job of covering up a mess and finally I found that the wisteria has started flowering, this is in a protected place by the front terrace as the other looks to be still a way off flowering.
It is freezing cold out here off the bedroom tonight, we are sort of watching football but I am glad to say that my team won very well last night. We are at the start of the finals.
tonights quote is by John Grey
"Increasing success, lasting love and vibrant health
are practical miracles within everyone's reach"
I hope so!

1 comment:

BT said...

I love your photos. That arum lily is certainly doing a good job and I love those pink flowers, so many of them. We do have gazanias, orange ones and they do look a bit like them!

Super quote. I love those felted balls. Can you email me with a bit more detail of how you made them??