Tuesday, September 22, 2009

After the rain



Well its not quite after the rain as it is raining again at the moment, and cold. Typical Spring but this year so much nicer with rain and not like last year when everything stopped at the end of August, it makes for a very long summer.
I walked this morning before it got wet and took some of these photos, the first two in the garden and then along the old road, reflections in puddles and a blurry blue wren, they are on the move the whole time and are impossible to get close to with my little camera.
I sort of wish I had a larger camera but then again I dont want the weight and I like something I can tuck into my pocket.
I am off to make a chicken pie for dinner, we are eating our way through the freezer so I can defrost it before we go so we are eating all sorts of odd things and there seems a lot of chicken in there and John is not very partial to it so I have to disguise it.
To nights quote is by Aristotle

"The roots of education are bitter,
but the fruit is sweet."


3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

We have moved into autumn here with some rain after a dry spell...Our leaves are just starting to fall. Hope you have a nice spring Penny!

Karen said...

Glad you're finally getting some water.

Penny said...

Thanks Karen it hasnt stopped!