Saturday, March 03, 2007

from The thread Studio


Doreen asked what I had bought from the Thread Studio stall while I was in Melbourne so I have taken a photo, the yummy colours dont seem to show up as well but they are yummy.
There is a pack of silk paper, some wool felt, silk organza, mulberry bark, 3 different valdani threads, a heap of artgirls charms, some wool tops, some persian jewls threads, some assorted sari silk strips and some fancy fibres some other fabric strips and some treasure gold, amazing what it added up to! But I keep looking at it and smiling. I havent added what I bought elsewhere, which was some wonderful lolipop coloured beads and my wooden Indian stamp.
I found I had what was probably referred to as scrim curtains at the back of my stash while I was looking for something else, it is a very coarse weave linen type stuff I remember buying from the op shop and I am playing with using that as the base for some embellishing, seems to work quite well.
Off to feed my ponies early as I am going to spend the day at Pt Willunga and John is off to the Clipsal race.
At least it is cooler today than the nearly 40 degrees yesterday, but still sticky and humid.
Tiring.

1 comment:

Doreen G said...

Well Penny -I like what I see you lucky thing you.
I got one of the Royal Shiraz packs from Dale before she went to Melbourne and I just love it--too nice to use.