Friday, December 05, 2008

Sand dune euphorbia and our dry land



I love these acid green euphorbia's that grow on the sand dunes, tall and straight and such a glorious color.The second photo is showing what we look like at the moment, very brown and dry, we had 6.6mm of rain overnight and it is cool and humid, but with wind again which negates all the good the rain has done.
At least it put rainwater in the tank.
I have had another day of panic, nothing done except feed the ponies, do the shopping and go to McLaren Vale to get our oysters, we had 4 each for dinner, yum.
Sarah has rung in high excitement to tell me that Rivington Royal Hiccup, Welsh Section A has just won the National Show Hunter pony I think under 12 h but it might be under 12.2 which is wonderful and a huge advertisement for our stud, infact there were 4 Rivington ponies there. She is named Royal Hiccup as they were all at Adelaide Royal when she was born and I was, as usual left to cope with an unexpected foal.
Well off to see the news and get some hand sewing done.
Woops I think the photo that has gone up I have already put up and I am not sure how to get it off, well it doesnt matter, we are brown and dry with these heavy storm clouds which dont produce much.

No comments: