Monday, December 22, 2008

Drive to Cape Borda






John wanted to see how the scrub had regenerated after the fires this time last year. So we did the long drive from Penneshaw to Cape Borda. I am now very tired. Some areas had regenerated really well but even in the one that shows the blackened Banksias there was a carpet of baby Banksias below and the yellow little flowers were every where. Banksias are one of the plants who grow to be very old but need fire to get there seeds to germinate.
We also called into Scott lookout where I took the misty looking cliffs, it was drizzling and rainy down that end of the Island.
We called into the visitor centre at Flinders Chase for a coffee and to see if the rangers knew what the funny blobby flowers were in the second photo, they didnt but I hope to find out.
Home now and all we need to do is organise dinner.
We did manage about a 3.5 km walk at one place we went to,my knee was feeling a bit sore so we didnt go the full 5 km, there are lots of photos of texture etc that I took there, I will put them up later on.

No comments: