Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A bit of this and that


Flowers in the back garden, A lovely Banksia we saw yesterday, a page from my altered book and the tiny marina here with a lovely yacht berthed in it.
All part of my day, we have a very nasty little easterly wind blowing today so a trip to the galleries and the shops in Kingscote was the order of the day, lunch on the pavement and then a sleepy drive home.
I have been painting every day, see my other blog, and I have been slowly doing stuff in my altered book. the pages here I used a plaque I found in the house and used the paper casting I did of it to put on these pages. I thought I thought I would do stuff like other people but have finally gone back to doing what pleases me. Probably not very arty, but important to me, like the feather I found outside the back door which is now glued down on another page, the heart shapes I really like, probably because they are easy to do!!
I am thoroughly enjoying a book I bought to bring over here, written by an American, she does lovely misty paintings and fun sketches it is called When wanderers cease to roam, A traveller's journal of staying put by Vivian Swift, some one reccomended it and it is lovely. Got on Amazon of course, just before the $ went so haywire.

No comments: