Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Altered book pages



I have been having fun doing Maggie Grey's free online course for those who bought her book textile Translations and we are doing an altered book. I have looked often but never tried but when I found an old school book of Macbeth I thought it was small enough to have a go. so far I dont have a theme I am just getting pages together and making backgrounds. I am learning as I go along.
A slow process as I havent had much time but lovely to grab a moment here and there and do another page.
the first is gesso and salt and dried and then acrylic paint, then gesso and salt and sprays put on while wet, then gesso and salt and a fish casting in paper the gesso dried and walnut ink over it and the last was I think wet gesso and salt and sprayed with various spray and on the left hand side some ink sprayed on. I have also had a go at joining the pages with some eyelets.
Not sure where to go from here but I have no doubt something will emerge.
Last night not only did the heifers get in and ruin the garden but at 2 am the milking cows did the same thing so John was out chasing them. As he had to be up at 6 am to do wages and then head off to near Adelaide for a meeting at 9 am he wasnt pleased. I havent dared look at the back garden where most of the damage is but there are wet sloppy poo's all over the place and no doubt the flies will love them too. The fellows have fences to mend and a lesson I hope well learnt, until next time!
It meant I was up early too but I have more or less sorted out what other Christmas presents I need to get and the floor in my work room is piled with bags and boxes of presents.

1 comment:

Robin Mac said...

I love your book pages Penny, I haven't even got to cutting my pages up yet - after Christmas probably. I am so glad I am not a farmer's wife!! My sister used to have problems with a pet pig which kept getting into her garden and rally going to town - that supposedly soft nose can dig up an incredible amount in avery short space of time. Cheeers, Robin