Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas morning at Penneshaw



MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, HAVE A HAPPY DAY, and if you are of another religion, a lovely day for you as well.
It has got a bit grey and windy this morning, still warm enough for a stroll along the beach in a t shirt but not the lovely day it was yesterday, but a better day for over eating traditional food, which we are not, oysters and champagne and salad for us.
We are so lucky to be able to still do this and enjoy it, the sea always soothes me and it is bliss to wander and pick up shells and greet strangers.
I thought I might show some of what i do and what comes with us, silly I know but these are the special dolls and gifts from people mostly the gifts are on the two small trees and the ones on the shelf are my creations, love those silly Father Christmas's, interestingly there was a letter to the paper about what had happened to Father Christmas, here that is what he was, never Santa. Our traditions are being over ridden by other cultures.
Just love the elenor peace bailey nativity scene too.
The last is our table for today, I picked the fuchsias, the candle and shells were here already and we look out over the bay at the glorious view.
I hope all my blogging friends have a really lovely day.

1 comment:

winna said...

I loved beng able to see all the things big and really look at the details--and your writing is excellent. That flower looks like a brush---probably quite small?