Friday, December 26, 2008

Rock Pools






Today we have been busy as Tabby and her family have arrived and so we have done lots of eating and drinking, although we have done a walk along the beach and Tab and I went out to see what Bernard had that was new.
I have been taking lots of photos and I rather loved the rock pools, the sea anemones were showing up well as the tide was pretty low and then when we went to Pennington
Bay there were fish which dont show up very well in the very blue pool.
I have a bit of a thing about rock pools, the thought of all that small life living in a tiny enviroment which gets water twice a day, bringing sometimes food and sometimes predators.
Limpets, dead shells, sea weed all in small packages.
Today when I walked I found a cowrie, my second this week, and a frilled cockle.

1 comment:

annie said...

Rock pools are so special, Penny. I loved them as a child when we went to the shore.
annie3