Thursday, December 11, 2008

Around Aldinga Beach





John had a breakfast to go to at Aldinga Beach and very kindly they said I could come too, so after a glass of bubbly and a muffin with smoked salmon I walked over the road and down a path onto the beach where I collected a few shells and took lots of photos. This is the gulf side of the Fleurieu Peninsular, not like home where we see the Southern ocean.
The tide was way out and I could see the Sellicks hills in the distance.
A lovely morning, we then went up to McLaren Vale to get some wine and home via the post office in Victor where we sent off some parcels and got Christmas cards and a parcel from Dale with my melting pot in it. Now to find time to try it out.
It is very quietly trying to rain at the moment, the weather beaureau site loks hopeful but you can never tell. This might be the year of summer floods. I hope so as there is increasing talk of flooding the lower lakes with sea water and that in my opinion will be a disaster, they have never had much more than brackish water in them in the past, in the past the Murray ran so letting sea water in means that huge areas will never be able to be used for agriculture again.

2 comments:

"SENDERO DE VIDA" CATAZAJÁ said...

Hello, mis mejores deseos para tí...God bless you.

annie said...

Lovely photos. I hope they don't flood with sea water. The people in command don't sometimes think through a project, just see out of a narrow tube at the thing that interests them.
annie