Saturday, June 10, 2006

Umbrellas furled for winter, fabric page



I sketched these abandoned looking umbrellas and chairs from inside the coffee shop yesterday, it was cold and the wind was blowing off the sea. I didnt have a lot of time to do them as I was between shopping and the physio appointment. My back feels much better but I am feeling extremely tired today and have done not a lot but relax by the fire and read, with a quick walk out with the dogs and John.
The house is so cold I have the fire roaring which means more wood of course. This house has so many cracks and crannys that the wind can get in.
We have had so many mild winters that it is a shock to have one like this, I believe there is snow in the alps for the opening week end of the ski season,very often there is nothing, once we would have been there, snow or no snow, not now.
I have also put up another back to back page for my little fabric bood and I am working on the last one, one side done now to get the other finished.

1 comment:

Judy Scott said...

Love the sketch and your description of the weather. I can just imagine it. Love your fabric book pages fab colours. Hope your back feels better after your treatment J x