Friday, June 09, 2006

aChair and Margaret Preston exhibition



Yesterday we went to a wonderful exhibition at the Art Gallery of South Australia of works by Margaret Preston, one of our Adelaide born artists (1875 -1963) my parents had bought one of her linocuts and I have always loved her very bright oils of our native flowers. Her flowers just pushed themselves off the wall at you. Wonderful.
We had lunch, hair cuts, saw my mother and John saw the accountant, had coffee with a dear friend and headed home through the Adelaide hills, the light was quite incredible almost purple and the last leaves on the elm trees were glowing while the trunks of the gums had this wonderful shadeing on them, white and purple and grey. Yummy moments and no camera!
The sketch of the chair I did in Queensland, not very good, I have trouble with the legs but I keep on trying.
I have some other sketches on my other blog, withmybootsandsketchbook see lthe links on the side, I have been trying to keep up with the walking and sketching and it is a great incentive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for introducing me to this artist! Nice chair BTW.

Teri said...

Wonderful chair Penny and love the exhibition news.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Teri - wonderful chair Penny. Move over Van Gogh!