Saturday, February 18, 2006

on my verandah


I wasnt very happy with this sketch, I think I need to be more definite, or something.I drew it in first with pen and then used my aquarelle pencils. These bird houses are at the end of the verandah on the side of the house. Being a farm house there are all sorts of entrances and exits! When we have people for lunch or a barbeque this is where i put the food etc, but it is too hot at the moment so it has a few of last seasons butternut pumpkins, a large metal pelican and other odds and ends there. The plaque on the wall (door) I have had for years and is pottery in a lump of compressed wood.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

It looks so cute... I love the bird houses.

Lin said...

This is charming, Penny!! And I love the birdhouse!!

Carole said...

Penny,
Your sketches and drawings are lovely - they have such character. Those little colourful birdhouses are smashing. And the photo of the bulbs and grasses is lovely too. What a beautiful place that must be.
Carole

Teri said...

You have captured the charm of this place so well! Love all the birdhouses.