Thursday, August 09, 2007

Funny sort of day


I am tired, my mother is alright and couldnt even remember going to the hospital!
I have done very little all day except do the tag which didnt scan at all well and put together this page for my stitch book, and I sewed the wretched thing on crooked again.
I had to go to Victor to get horse feed, and a few other things.
Yesterday while in Adelaide we went to see the Waerhouse prize which the museum here puts on for art that is related to the natural world. this year it was great, last year I was not impressed at all. Quite a lot more mixed media too which was interesting and some lovely sculptures of various things, the winner had done a magnificent cabinet full of painted eggs, well ink really as it was all black and white with various fish and foul and animals on them. My pick was a blown glass baby echidna in a plastic wrap which was lovely. I am not sure if they have a web site but it would be worth a look, either under Waterhouse prize or the South Australian museum.

2 comments:

Doreen G said...

What's with all this crooked stitching Penny are you trying to start a new craze?

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Penny,
You are always busy!
I looked up the Waterhouse Prize for 2007 and there's a few pictures on that site. It looks like a lovely exhbition.
http://www.samuseum.sa.gov.au/page/default.asp?site=1&id=930

We've finished painting the kitchen and now have cleaned out the laundry - it's going to be an on-going project to chuck out stuff I think.
w.