Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Train into the city


I have discovered how hard it is to sketch while on a melbourne train, the person next to you wants to talk!
This was attempting to get an idea of what the train looked like from my seat when iwent into the Quilt thingy on Friday, I see Wendy has drawn all sorts of things, I was too busy looking, chatting to Dale and Ian, and buying, and finding the crush of women and people a bit overpowering.
It was great to catch up with Dale and to actually choose what I wanted, and I bought quite a lot. Lovely to see Dales quilts and to see the ATC's in reality.
About 2 1/2 hours was all I could manage so back to find my way on the train home.
I had a lovely time but fell in a heap on Sunday when I threw up and felt miserable, not what one should do to ones children.
Will catch up a bit more on this later.

2 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

People actually wanted to talk to you on a Melbourne train? That's unusual. I know country trains are different and you hear whole life stories. Tell us more about what your thought about the quilts Penny. I'd like to hear your opinion. Yes, it was really claustrophobic - so crowded. I nearly rushed out quickly, then decided, no, I should stick it out and really see everything I could. Sorry you were ill. We've had a few bugs here at times, tummy upsets too.
w.

Digitalgran said...

Lucky you seeing Dale and Ian and going to the Melbourne show. I must say I find it so embarassing sketching in public, so you were very brave even attempting it. I turned out well.