Saturday, February 10, 2007

Algerian Eye Stitch

This is my work in progress using Algerian Eye stitch for Sharonb's Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge. I had thought it looked a bit boring and as my sampler is being worked on a small piece of felt it doesnt work all that well with something that is used on counted stitch. Any way it is still in progress but this is what I have done. Another new stitch for me but I did like working it over sequins as that gave me a hole to work in to. I also liked using varying stitch lengths to make stars and flowers.
A busy week and not a lot of time to hand stitch but I grabbed an hour this afternoon to sit as we have people for dinner tonight.

2 comments:

Virgi said...

They are nice stitches!
May I ask you which kind of fabric do you use for this sampler?
Thank you!

Doreen G said...

Looks good Penny-I must try different fabrics--but I do find counted fabric easy to work with-the holes are already there-lazy me.