Thursday, June 02, 2011

Oyster boats, signs, sea and land

Today was pretty windy, so I had an early walk. Not a good nights sleep, an upset tum, probably too much sea food, or at least more than I am used to.
The oyster boats were roaring up the channel from the leases when I walked, these waters are so pristine they produce the best oysters in the world, or so I am told and certainly they taste wonderful.
Todays bird was a tern sitting on a rock by itself, we dont see so many terns, more Pacific and silver gulls. If you click twice on the mosaic it comes up much bigger and you can get a better idea of the photos.
the fellows have just come back, with the wind they were not so succesful but we have salmon trout and John is going to smoke a few. I like them to eat but for some the taste is a bit strong.
I think it may rain tonight and the week end looks a bit wet and windy, we will see what the forcast says and more importantly if they are right. It just means they are not getting whiting but other fish will do.
I have been playing around with faces on my moons, doing this on line class of Jude Hills has been such fun, nothing really to show and I am doing small samples. It finishes today and I will be very sad.
I am not doing any painting, just feel like walking, enjoying the scenery, the wonderful clouds, and a bit of hand sewing.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

ME said...

Great to know you paint! Sea food is one of my favorite cuisine too but too much of it makes me sick.
Are You An Emotional Eater? - Are your eating habits influenced by emotions?
http://www.3smartcubes.com/pages/tests/emotional-eater/emotional-eater_instructions.asp