Tuesday, June 07, 2011

A little bit of stitching


Just to show that I have been working as well as playing, although I suppose this could be called play as well.
The top one is part of Jude Hill's on line class, sun and moon and I have had fun doing this quiet bit of sample stitchery. Some of it is not showing up terribly well, I may have been better to use a darker background for this.
The second is my little Gail Wilson doll, I bought this pattern when I was at DollU in California, it seems so long ago now, in either '99 or '01 and have always meant to make her up. I was so pleased to find a fat 1/4 of reproduction civil war fabric in the local quilt shop over here in Pt Lincoln for her dress.
Poor child she doesnt really need the grinder handle sticking out of her head!
I am about to go and do a very modern doll with Pam Grose but every so often I love to do these simple little dolls.
My joints are still playing up, I am now wondering if climbing up and down the stairs, which I dont have at home are the culprit, still it is lovely to feel I dont HAVE to do anything if I dont want to. (Well apart from make the bread and do the washing and help make dinner, and now the dishwasher has blown up, wash dishes!)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

virginia said...

I think the sun and moon embroidery is lovely, as well as the doll.

Of course it's the stairs! I wish I lived in a bungalow. I'm still having trouble with my new knee and stairs.

Lots of love,

Virginia

Rowan said...

I love your doll, I've always liked these primitive style dolls. Sorry to hear that your joints aren't too good, I expect you are right and they are objecting to climbing up and down stairs when they aren't used to it.