Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Doll making week end

I am home from a fabulous week end at Mambray Creek making dolls with Pam Grose from WA. She is a very gifted and giving teacher with so many ideas running around in her head.
I shrunk the pattern a bit so my doll is different, but I am so pleased with her, she looks like all my grand daughter, aged 14's netballing friends, hence the shoes and short skirt.
I am afraid I am not into terribly fancy dolls so she pleased me no end and I finished her as well.
Isnt there such a wonderful variation> A few had gone home so they are not all there but they all looked fantastic. I am toying with shrinking the small round faced one as well.
I did struggle rather as it has been terribly cold and the aches and pains were not easy to work with.
I have been in for numerous X rays today, as well as an injection in my shoulder, but they are not sure how well this will work as I have a lot of bone on bone on my shoulder joint. so the pain will go on and I am not sure where to go to next. I know hips and now knees are being done but I think shoulders are a different matter. The joys of enjoying things when young that then come back to haunt you.
The last two photos are just a couple I managed while staying at Mambray Creek, the Flinders Ranges, looking green and wonderful and the last one in the evening light, this may have been caused by the volcanic cloud of ash that is coming over us from the volcano in Chile that has sent ash around the world to us and is disrupting air flights here in Australia. Unbelievable.
That will be no man made Global warming that is for sure, how to tax that!! The Australian Government has gone mad.
Now back to reality and doing house work etc.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

PamelaB said...

I love your doll! How on earth did you make such tiny shoes? You are so multi talented.

Wanda..... said...

Such distinctly different looking dolls, Penny...they are lovely and whimsical! The photo of Flinders Ranges is very inviting!

Hildred said...

I think the dolls are fabulous Penny, and if I wasn't 86 I'd be panting to learn how to make them!

Nat Palaskas said...

Oh Penny, these are so cute. There was a lady on my tour to Japan who makes cute little dolls. I love them - Hugs Nat

annie said...

Adorable, Penny. And as PamelaB says, HOW did you make such tiny shoes?
annie

Julie said...

What a cool doll! Is the group doll pic all of the different ones everyone made???

stormy said...

WOW! Beautiful! I would love to make one too. How can I contact Pam to get her here in California . But, I just can't wait. Help! My email is stormyw62@aol.com

Thank you,
Changing the world one Doll at a time