Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Last walk

This collage is the last one. It was a very low tide and I wandered down to the little beach and out over the exposed mussel beds, the gulls were having a fine time foraging for food.
I saw one sea urchin that the oyster catchers had missed and a lot of red star fish.
I was drizzled on as I wandered, luckily only a bit but there have been some short sharp showers and it is a lot colder today.
I am slowly packing up, trying to think what I need and what John can take home. I have made 2 loaves of bread and stewed a few more quinces but most of the day was sitting cosily by the heater winding silk floss onto cardboard bobbins. Some were easier to wind than others!
I am cross with myself as I must have lost one of my good sketching pens when I sat on the end of the promitory drawing, and I am finding walking hard enough without having to go back, so lost it is.
The fellows got their bag again today, so they are pleased and there is not a lot left in the cupboards, but I think we will feast royally tonight, and have the odd glass of bubbly as well.
Hope to be back next year.
Double click to see better.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Hildred said...

A lovely collage, Penny, - I have so enjoyed hearing about your walks. So different from our hilly semi desert country.

Wanda..... said...

Each photo in the collage was so very special, Penny. Lovely place for a holiday. I wonder if someon will find and appreciate your pen!