Monday, May 04, 2009

Post cards


These are the postcards I made for the exchange I was in. All made from paper and cloth.
The two black ones were a brown paper bag that waws scrunched and painted or vise versa, and then bonded to light weight cotton batting and then free motioned all over. I made this in Isobel Hall's class and didnt much like it so I then sprayed it with moonshadow mists and cut it up and cut up a heart made from scrunched and painted brown paper, this time I had used metallic acrylic paints and then I sewed it all together, a bit of hand sewing as well. The third one is made from watercolor paper put through an embossing machine and then painted and sprayed with various paints and again the brown paper hearts sewn on and the whole thing sewn around onto some fabric.
I spent yesterday looking after children at the Welsh foal show which was held in a very nice indoor arena in the Adelaide Hills. We did extremely well with our foals all got champion or Reserve and we took out the Supreme of show, just beating Tabby's Cob filly so it was very much a family affair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous postcards, they turned out well and congrats on the wins.