Friday, May 01, 2009

Oscar and some hand stitching



Last night I left the dryer door open, it is on the wall and quite high up and Oscar decided to investigate. He wasnt at all pleased as you can see when I told him to get out.
When we were in Ballarat there was some small scraps of fabric rolled up for us to buy and in that way help a village in India. On the outside they were nicely done but you had no idea what was inside, I think they were 50cents each and I know I bought at least $5 worth. When I got home I unrolled them and ironed them and put them in a box. One piece was a reasonable size and as I wanted to use them in a way I have been thinking about for ever I used that as a base which I also tacked onto a small piece of calico and then using some of the strips I arranged them on top, pinned them down and then Kantha style just used a running stitch, a single thread of silk, to integrate them into one piece.
Of course they are not all straight but then nothing I do is straight, but I love they way they have wrinkled up and I am so enthused I am going to start on another piece.
More rain here today, very nice and steady.

No comments: