Thursday, July 31, 2008

Blossom



The first photo is of me trying to find some dingbat fonts to use in Sharon B's Studio Journal class. I am not doing very well with this class as my computer skills are pretty poor and I have had various interruptions. I am afraid I think this is a class in which I would like over the shoulder help! I suppose at least I know know what a dingbat it!
We are also supposed to take lots of photos, which I do any way but it is finding the time to collate them all that is a problem.
I took this one out of the bedroom door this morning, we had showers all night, or so it seemed but the rain gauge didnt have much in it to show for the amount of noise on the roof and this morning it is bright sun shine and the prunus mume at least I think that is what it is, It is now an old tree is flowering, always the first.
I was in Adelaide yesterday, drove up and back and saw my mother who is ill, she seems to have a bronchial infection but was off with the pixies, told me she was in hospital had no home to go to and didnt like it there but she is well looked after and not much more we can do. She was very tired after about an hour so I turned around and drove home again. Well not quite as I called in to see P who gave me toast and a cup of tea and a sympathetic ear.

1 comment:

Doreen G said...

I am with you in the computer skills department Penny and I always thought that a dingbat was some one who was a stubby short of a six pack.
I used the wingdings in the fonts in microsoft word to do my designs and I also had ome mirror image stamps that I used as well.
only a week to go now.