Friday, July 18, 2008

July TIF

I have finished my July TIF after a lot of thought, this month was the half way of our year so that was the suggestion from Sharon Boggon of in a minute ago blog who instigated this challenge and my colors are more or less what I saw on my computer screen of the suggested colors.
As a farmer I tend to think in seasons so the dark blue is winter, with silver at the bottom indicating the frosts we get and in the top corner seeds as this is when we seed our paddocks, the flower piece is spring, the light blue summer and the central piece our autumn, brown for the first part and green for when we get rain. Remember this is Southern Australia.
This took me for ever to work out and there are many ideas in my Studio Journal, which is part of an online class I am doing with Sharon but I am afraid that when it came to doing it, I went back to using my instinct On what colors I wanted and how I wanted it to be. Seems to be the only way I can work!
A cold and damp day we get showers but still no steady downpour of rain. I did the shopping this morning, a dear friend came to visit briefly and I actually managed a walk out the back between showers.

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

Fantastic Penny I like the way you have explained what each piece is about.

Anonymous said...

I like your work, it's beautiful!! Also the ideas around your piece.
Thanks by sharing!

Maria del Valle

Anonymous said...

Very nice and I like the theme that you based it on.