Monday, July 07, 2008

More Encounter Bay houses



I huddled over a heater for most of the day, I dont think the temperature got over 10 degrees all day, it rained and hailed off and on and I hope we got a lot of rain, we certainly didnt get much overnight.
I had the fire out and a new flue installed, thank goodness I had the fire lit again by 3.30 pm.
Somehow not a lot got done although I did skin another face for the mermaid as I really didnt like the last one. Still to paint this one.
I asked Dale what rayon she used to knit stuff with and it is floss!! I will need my glasses for that.
Our PM came into the district for about 1/2 hour to see the state the lakes and Murray were in, I dont think he was well briefed and he didnt let the local Mayors know he was coming, in the old days that was regarded as very impolite.
Not what you would call a roaring success and still no water for the area and the Coorong is on a world heritage listing.
Not good for Australia. I only hope he eventually learns and also stops opening his mouth, we are all heartily sick of the sound of his voice offering nothing.
Politicians!!

2 comments:

Paddy's Daughter said...

I'm wondering if you recieved an email from me, or if it went to your spam folder? Please let me know if not and I'' try again. Used the address from Dale's yahoo site. Sue McB

Downunderdale said...

thick rayon floss Penny - no glasses needed!