Sunday, June 01, 2008

Opening of the Victor Harbor Whale Centre




A busy day today, they have re furbished the Whale centre and it does look a lot better, things like this need to be on going and new looks given to them every so often. apart from the fact that I couldnt read much on the displays in the cellar due to poor lighting it looks great. I have a few whale bones and it was interesting to see where they came from, as well as the one on the beach last week.
The sea dragon I found on the beach by the Hindmarsh River a couple of months ago was as I thought a weedy sea dragon not a leafy one.
Last night we had an enjoyable meal at the Anchorage with friends, the food was pretty good too.
A busy day as well as going to the opening and taking these few photos of the crowd, the children having fun near the whale tail fountain and a shot of the Whale centre which began its life as the railway goods shed.
I have downloaded my latest Work Shop on the Web stuff which looks really interesting, a great article by Lynda Monks, the new TIF challenge is out and I am not sure what I am going to do with that, and I have started playing with paint and threads for a new little book, maybe not, sure what they will be, some painted and hand stitched little bits maybe for cards, we will see.