Saturday, May 31, 2008

This mornings foggy walk



We havent walked along from the Bluff to the Kings Beach car park for ages so this morning that was the decision. It was surprisingly foggy and no one was about. We even picked enough mushrooms to have for lunch, very yummy and quite hunter gatherer feeling!
I am not sure what this little bird is, I thought a skylark but now I am not sure. Any way he sat on top of a post for me very conveniently.
You can see John walking along to the little beach, I cant remember what they call that one, with foggy headlands in the background and the first photo is of the Bluff with fog on top.
Quite big swells were coming in and being very noisy as they broke.
Forgot to say that the last photo is of Petrel's Cove where when I was about 16 I very nearly drowned.
We had a coffee at Whalers and met one of the four remaining ex Mayors of Victor there, a very sprightly Joy Beer who is well into her 80's.
So one of the other ex Mayors and I went home to do some work.

1 comment:

Boobook said...

The little bird on the post is a Singing Honeyeater - they like the coastal areas, and actually don't 'sing' very much. You live in a lovely part of the world.