Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The last day




We woke up to fog, this was taken just as it was lifting around 9 am, before that it was so thick you couldnt see a thing, then it lifted and the fellows went out and immediately there was a huge thunderstorm and a lot of heavy rain, apparently they could see the thunderstorm but only got a bit of the rain. They did get some fish.
After it had all stopped this sail boat made slow p;rogress down the channel as there was very little wind.
At about 4 ish in the afternoon I went walking, it was getting a bit dark but I still managed some photos, the shags (cormorants) love this rocky headland. then I took one of the rain coming again with some sun behind it. I walked for an hour and only just got home in time before a very heavy shower came down again.
Yesterday we were up at 6 am and left by 7.30 and didnt get home until about 7.30, we had a very slow trip across Adelaide, called into see Joy at Mambray Creek, and then called into Tabby to collect the mail and she wonderful girl had made a chicken thing so we could eat and I didnt have to worry about thinking about that.
Home and unpacked and unpacked and so on.
Today John had a 9 am meeting, I was going to lunch but thankfully that was cancelled so I washed and washed and tidied and made bread and finally when he got home I shopped and got the cat and now he has gone to another meeting!!
All animals fed and put to bed, and now I can relax a little.
My dear friend P said I should stop painting and just take photos, well I am afraid I am still going to do both. Actually I need to get more textile stuff up and not photos but I am being very slow doing that.

2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

I don't think you should stop painting Penny, but I do love your photos. I will look forward to the photos of the textiles when you get them up.

Anonymous said...

I think you should do whatever you enjoy. I think your photos are incredible most likely because of your artist's eye.

Karen