Saturday, May 10, 2008

Walking to Granite Island



I dont think I have ever seen the water so still and clear around the causeway before. The second and 4th photo were taken looking at the sea and what you see is what I saw all under the water, no I wasnt underwater but the bottom was so clear it was incredible. the first photo taken looking towards the Island and the 3rd looking the other way.
We had a lovely walk and coffee, collected the papers and home. A lot of tidying up was done and the freezer has had a much needed de frost.
I had quite a good but tiring day in Adelaide yesterday, Mummy was thrilled with the photo I had put on her card for Mothers Day and the flowers and other goodies I had got for her.
I had a few moment trying to communicate with John who I had to pick up, with the new phone, but finally we made contact. Every phone is different and although we had the same brand a year ago I had forgotten how to use it.
Isnt this last photo interesting with the color of the water over the sea grass.
A beautiful day, but no rain for a week. The problem is getting a bit frightening, with the Murray River getting worse and worse and no one really knows how to fix it. We dont rely on the river ourselves but we do need good winter rains to fill the subsoil.

1 comment:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Tehse are interesting photos. The sea near us changes colour every other day and can be so beautiful. I like your quilt design with the white tree.
w.