Thursday, May 01, 2008

Kokopelli


I love these little fellows and I bought one on a key ring in metal at Sausolito and somewhere I mislaid him, so he didnt come home with me. I was so pleased to find a nice one and then...oh well, but I did find this t shirt in San Diego, before I knew I had lost the other little man, so I do have a rather nice copy. I may do something with this at some time.
Today I feel tired, after my trip to Adelaide and chasing around trying to find beads and coming home late after a couple of visits to friends I was shattered.
Today I still feel a bit as if I have been run over by a bus. The reason for no post yesterday.
I have also managed to let some of my Japanese bantams out, totally accidentally now I will see if they are ok on their own, after Jake ate one of my laying hens, but these can fly, really well! Perhaps they think they are still back in the jungle, well ok, bamboo forests. No way I can catch them at the moment.
Sharon on her ' in a minute ago' blog has this month for a suggestion with our TIF Challenge asked us what sort of an artist we think we are. Not an easy question, I dont actually think I am an artist at all, but I do get cross when people make derogatory noises about 'craft', after all to become a master craftsman you had to go through years of training and these days craft seems to be put amongst those who crochet covers for coat hangers. I think there is Craft and craft.
I guess you could also say there is Art and art. I think my favorite reply would be mixed media artist as that covers a multitude of things. (small a)!!

No comments: