Monday, May 12, 2008

Possible Layout for quilt 2


This is the possible layout for the other side of the quilt I cut in two. I quite like it and this one is to be entitled Ghost gum. I think my teacher thought it was a bit too light, it maybe but I can always attack it with paints or pencils if I dont like the finished article, after all it is an 'art quilt'. She suggested a wonderful way with tulle but I am afraid that is not me, but useful for later thoughts.
A beautiful day today, lovely and warm and sunny, possibly too warm.
I put the cushions off the outdoor chairs away, brought the table in under the verandah and put the chairs away in the shed.
Did several loads of washing and all but the towels dried.
I am getting stuff organised for Thursday.
Went over to see Tabby and Millie and John who is off to Alice Springs tomorrow. Millie made a determined effort to get to my earrings. I also had a good pair of earrings converted to hooks so I can now wear them and pulled another pair apart and re did them so I can now use those as well.
I think I now have all the ingredients for the biscuits I have to make tomorrow, biscotti and mocha creams.

2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

I like the light colours on your quilt - why does everything have to be dark? Or is it just that my eyesight has got to the point where I can see light colours but not dark ones! Cheers, Robin

Anonymous said...

I like this as well and I don't think it is too light but you'll have a better idea when it's finished I guess.

I think I like the simplicity of the tree because the surrounding quilt is so busy in colour. If you start fooling with the tree it might not stand out as much but then again it might add more texture and richness to the quilt, I'm no artist so can't really say. Go with your gut instincts, that way you'll be happy.

Karen