Sunday, June 15, 2008

Started but not finished



I spent most of the morning doing the dishes and putting them away on my own as John had gone fishing, why we had four courses last night I will never know, or why I decided it was the best crockery, glasses and cutlery but it was fun catching up with friends and celebrating Robynn's Birthday.
A pretty basic menu. Oysters Rockerfeller, whiting in foil with salad and buttery potatoes, chocolate self saucing pudding followed by cheese and John's quince paste. A couple of nice bubblies to start followed by some good wines.
So after all of that I decided I needed to get some work done for Grumpies next week end, cut out a chicken wire crown, painted some laminated tags, re painted some laminated tags, and then proceeded to make an awful mess of them, cut out a foam core figure which took much longer than I thought it would take, painted the wire crown and then sat at the embellisher and made these two pieces for the embellish stitch and enrich work shop I am doing. The first is supposed to be of the Bluff and Wright Island taken from the photo I took last week. The other is just how to get a nice base of fabrics on foiled felt with chiffon over the top.
These need some hand stitching so I hope to get that done over the next few nights.

1 comment:

Kate North said...

Nice pieces - and I like the sound of that menu, too...